Photo courtesy of Hannah Greenberg

Coppell High School junior Hannah Greenberg has been elected as the 2023-24 senior Student Council representative. Greenberg wants to extend student councils outreach in CHS next year. Photo courtesy of Hannah Greenberg.

Senior STUCO Representative: Hannah Greenberg

Coppell High School junior Hannah Greenberg has been elected senior class representative for the 2023-24 school year. Greenberg has previously served as the junior class representative.

What are the roles of senior class representative?

Every officer in student council takes part in everything. We are all hands on deck planning every event, every school function and celebration that STUCO handles. However, the role of the senior class representative is to liaise between STUCO and class functions, to keep a broader perspective in mind when we are planning these events and make sure that our whole class gets included.

What made you want to join student council?

I wanted to be involved in CHS and get the most of my high school experience, but I also wanted to make sure that everybody else got involved and made the most of their experiences as well. I felt like the school events were something that they wanted to participate in and I wanted to help raise that involvement, because I know there’s strength in numbers, and that anything can be fun if a lot of people participate.

What do you admire about the current leadership?

They are so incredibly dedicated. These people have given so much time to making sure that every event we host is as good as it can be, and as prepared and planned. They give so much of their personal time but they do it with a smile because they truly love what they’re doing. Honestly, there are just some of the most fun, kind people I’ve ever met, and I’m really lucky to get to work with them.

What is something you want to build on in the next year?

Next year we want to continue building on engagement and involvement and bringing those numbers up and bringing our outreach further. Instead of creating all these new things we really want to focus on making what we have even better.

Is student government related to something you want to do in your future? 

In my future, I mainly just want to continue applying the skills I’ve learned in student government – being a leader, having to listen to different perspectives and planning and organizing – all of which are important skills to know and apply later in life.

What does it mean to you to have been voted for by the student body?

It makes me want to make what we have better, and make sure that everybody feels like they have something fun for them in STUCO and make them feel excited about what we host. being voted by the student body means I have more stake in the game in terms of wanting them to feel engaged. 

Follow Nyah (@nyah_rama) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.