Coppell High School Student Council sophomore representative Tarun Amin was elected in October. Amin looks to bring the sophomore class together this school year through creating fun events.

Nyah Rama

Tarun Amin

Why did you want to be on the student council?

I wanted to be on the student council because it’s a good way to help unite all the sophomores, and it’s really cool that we can create events and other things that can help everybody.

What would you like to accomplish in your new role?

I hope to make school fun and have events that everyone would think are fun and also uniting all the sophomores.

What are you hoping to gain from this experience?

I’m hoping this will help me get more leadership opportunities elsewhere, like in HOSA and band next year. It’s also my first opportunity to be in leadership, so I want to learn how to lead people better and make the experience of being at high school better.

Where are you hoping this experience will take you in your future within high school and even into college and your career? 

I hope this will help show that I can be a leader, and that I can help people. It shows that I can lead people which is an important quality to have and that a lot of people are looking for.