Image and video hosting by TinyPic" />

Homecoming top 10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

By Rebecca Fowler
Sidekick Staff Writer
Cate McMinn
KCBY
Victoria Fleming
KCBY

Homecoming has arrived, and now is your last chance to claim a date and begin preparations.

The stress has set in, as students are making group plans, buying clothes and making the infamous mums and garters for their dates.  In all the hype, however, we want to take a step back and look at the best parts of Homecoming at CHS.  Here is our top 10:

#10: The Homecoming Parade (Monday, Sept. 21)

Free candy, cool floats and awesome, involved students!  What more could you ask for?

#9: Dress Shopping

While this event might not be so popular for the boys, it is a definite must for the girls.  Come on, there is so much to choose from: black, pink, silk, cotton, short, long…the list goes on and on.

#8: T-shirts

Everyone loves a good T, especially when it advertises CHS.

#7: Spirit Week

Oh, the ‘90s.  The decade was good, introducing us to artists like the Backstreet Boys and ‘N Sync and songs like “Achy Breaky Heart.”  With throwbacks to the ‘60s, ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s, CHS will be movin and groovin all week.

#6: The Dance

A time to feel showy and stunning, Saturday, Sept. 26 will be a night to remember.  With old tunes that we know by heart and new ones we can jump and shout to, we’ll all be singing “tonight’s gonna be a good night.”

#5: King and Queen

Who’s it gonna be?  Come to the home game against Mansfield Summit on Friday at 7:30 to find out…

#4: Group Pictures

Capturing memories.  Taking group pictures is not only fun but also an awesome way to remember the great times you had with your friends at the game and dance.

#3: Mums and Garters

Ribbon pieces on the floor.  Cow bells in the halls.  Massive black, red and white flowers.  Yep, it’s definitely that time of year.

#2: Getting Asked

Though it is nerve-wrecking and sometimes risky for guys, the rest of us like watching others get asked…especially when it is in front of the whole school.

#1: Game

The screaming crowd, painted chests, bright lights and sweaty players….yes, the best part of homecoming is definitely going to be the football game on Friday, Sept. 25.