Barnes and Noble book fair opens new pages

Ashleigh Heaton
Entertainment Editor

This week, Barnes and Noble has set up shop in one of the CHS choir rooms, F101, to sell required reading as well as “just for fun” books. The book fair will go until this Friday, May 21, and a percent of the proceeds will go toward Coppell High School.

Being a bit of a bookworm myself, I was able to puruse through the room earlier today and found some interesting reads. So on top of your summer reading, be sure to check out these jewels:

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Jane Austen and Ben H. Winters: Following the success of the widely popular Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, this book takes the original text from Jane Austen’s classic and adds a few clammy twists and turns. And who doesn’t want to see the Dashwood girls battling a giant lobster?

Nightlight: A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon: Another parody has graced the book fair, and this one spoofs the Twilight phenomenon. It’s a shorter book, but its comedy is unfailing: Belle Goose moves to Switchblade, Oregon and immediately falls in love with the socially awkward Edwart Mullen, who she is convinced is a vampire. The problem? Edwart is repulsed by girls. Will she ever make him love her?

The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha: Based on the hit blog, this book takes the big and simple things into perspective. From popping bubble wrap to waking up and realizing it’s Saturday, Pasricha compiles one huge – how else to put it? – book of awesome.