Tuppurainen to continue his passion for music after graduation

Coppell High School senior Vili Tuppurainen is a flute player for the school’s band team. He will continue his passion for music after he graduates in hopes of becoming a high school band director.

Tara Ansari, Staff Writer

Flute, piccolo, guitar and the piano are only some of the instruments Coppell High School senior Vili Tuppurainen can play.

Tuppurainen’s love for music kept him dedicated in band all four years of high school.

“I enjoyed being around people that loved the same thing I did everyday,” Tuppurainen said. “Band provided me with a second family.”

After he graduates from CHS in June, Tuppurainen will be attending the University of North Texas to study music education to pursue his dream of becoming a high school band director.

“I want to continue teaching next generations the magic of music and to teach them further lessons that one learns from being in band,” Tuppurainen said. “The most important thing I personally learned from being in band is the importance of diversity as well as music being an important way of expression.”

His love for music sparked when he lived in Finland, before moving to Coppell the summer before his freshman year.

“I started playing flute back in third grade which led to me growing older and learning how to play other instruments such as the piano and guitar,” Tuppurainen said. “I have recently started learning how to play the trumpet this year.”

Tuppurainen was CHS band’s squad leader both his junior and senior year. This position showed him how much he loves being able to have an impact on others.

“I want to help and guide others in the directions they want to take, it is something I enjoy very much and would like to do in the future,” Tuppurainen said.

Tuppurainen’s close friends notice his appreciation for music everyday.

“If anyone could be successful in the competitive music world it would be Vili because of how dedicated he is,” CHS junior Camille Brinegar said. “I admire how much he loves what he does because it makes everyone around him want to be as motivated as he is.”

CHS junior Allison Diaz describes Tuppurainen’s talents to be one of the most amazing parts of who he is.
“It is very exciting to see how music has shaped him into the person he is today” Diaz said. “I have been in band with him for a long time now and he is always shining with passion and that passion reflects his great abilities to play his instruments.”