Swim over to First United Methodist Church’s production of “The Little Mermaid”

Amelia Vanyo, Staff Writer

Tonight through Saturday night, First United Methodist Church of Coppell will be putting on a dazzling production of Disney’s “The Little Mermaid”.

The show, filled with Coppell High School and Booker T. Washington HIgh School in Dallas students, elementary and middle schoolers, will feature intricate costumes, makeup, and set pieces accompanying talented performers who have worked hard to piece together the upcoming production.

The show will follow the story of the classic Disney movie, adding melodies to the childhood film.

“My favorite part of the show is when I sing the song One Step Closer, which is a song that was added in the stage adaptation of The Little Mermaid,” CHS senior Ken Simmons said. “In the song Prince Eric teaches Ariel how to ballroom dance as a way to express herself in music without having to utter a single sound.”

The show runs nightly at 7 p.m. in the Ministry Center at FUMC. Visit https://www.fumccoppell.org/2017/little-mermaid-tickets/  for details.

Coppell High School senior Ken Simmons (Prince Eric) and junior Katie Love (Ariel) rehearse a scene in Act 1 of The Little Mermaid on Feb. 28. The production runs tonight through Saturday at First United Methodist Church of Coppell. Photo by Amelia Vanyo.