• Dr. Nicole Jund has been named Coppell High School's new principal.

• Jill Popelka has formally resigned from her Place 2 seat on the Coppell ISD Board of Trustees

• Coppell Student Media will resume regular content at the start of the 2017-2018 school year. Have a great summer, CHS!

Filed under Entertainment, Reviews

Valentine’s Day Date Ideas: Ranging in price and adventure levels, have a new experience this Tuesday

Rutuja Joshi
This Valentine’s Day does not have to be just dinner and a movie. Try some unique activities and restaurants to create an unforgettable experience.

Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching on Tuesday. As people await the romantic day, couples look for creative ideas to treat their significant others.

For the adventurous and those willing to splurge this Valentine’s Day, try indoor skydiving at iFLY in Frisco (8380 TX-121, Frisco 75034) for a truly unforgettable experience. Follow the thrill up with a exquisite Italian food at Taverna in Dallas (3312 Knox St, Dallas 75205). Specifically, their “Risotto with Burrata” priced at $19.50 is a unique and delicious Italian dish that is a bit more exciting than a typical fettuccine alfredo or chicken parmesan. In the risotto are roasted cherry tomatoes, basil and crispy prosciutto.

A more casual date can consist of roller skating at InterSkate in Lewisville (1408 TX-121 BUS, Lewisville 75067), or consider having a vintagesque date at the Coyote Drive-In Theatre in Fort Worth (223 NE 4th Street Fort Worth 76164). Both activities are friendly on the wallet and deliver a special experience for your date.

Afterwards, treat your significant other to a new type of cuisine. Try some sushi at Blue Fish in Las Colinas (925 W John Carpenter Fwy Suite 100, Irving 75039) followed by creme brulee next door at The Keg (859 W John Carpenter Fwy, Irving 75039). At Blue Fish, I recommend the Firecracker, The Blue Fish and the Volcano.

Wholesome Thai food can be found at Asian Mint in Dallas (11617 N Central Expy Suite 135, Dallas 75243) where I highly recommend their Chicken Satay, Green Basil Fried Rice, Original Pad Thai, Pad Kee Mow and Double Fudge Nut Brownie with Green Tea Ice Cream.

For those aiming for an intimate, cozy and cost-friendly date, enjoy a scenic picnic at Fair Park (1300 Robert B Cullum Boulevard, Dallas 75210), where you can prepare a dinner consisting of your date’s favorite foods.

Whether you are spending Valentine’s Day with your best friend or a significant other, the night can be enjoyed in a plethora of unique ways. Step out of your comfort zone, try some new activities and tasty foods to create an unforgettable night.