Facebook mobile the new way to communicate

By Rebecca Fowler

Facebook is huge. People have become so attached to the cite that it has been made accessible on many phones, namely the iPhone with its Facebook app.

However, many people do not realize that Facebook Mobile is not just for iPhones, nor is it only usable on phones with internet capabilities. In fact, phones with only simple plans can use Facebook Mobile for free. How? Through text messaging.

With FB Mobile, you can update your status, message, search, get cell numbers, browse events, post on walls and add friends. The service can be activated when you click on the word “mobile” in the lower right hand corner of your Facebook and enter your cell phone number. Facebook then texts you a confirmation code that you type in your computer, and voila! Facebook mobile is now activated on your account.

You can change your own personal settings: what updates you want sent to your phone and those you want to be notified about online. You can even adjust the time of day when Facebook texts you your updates. And at any time you can text your status to FBOOK (32665), and it will automatically update.

With these new advances in social networking accessibility through cell phones, people’s use of Facebook is now portable and instant.