Respira Choir to ‘Run the World’ at annual Dessert Show

Gracie Blackwell, Staff Writer

Desserts and music can bring people together to open the Thanksgiving break.

Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 2 p.m., the Coppell High School Respira Choir is hosting its annual Dessert Show and Silent Auction. The theme for this year’s show is ‘Run the World’.

This all-girls show choir will sing “On Your Feet”, “Crazy Little Thing Called Love”, “Wanna Be Startin Somethin”, “Wake Me Up”, “What A Wonderful World” and “Run The World”.

The event will take place in the CHS Auditorium. There is a 30 minute intermission so guests can enjoy a variety of free desserts, such as cakes, pies and cookies and take part in the silent auction.

“It’s important for everyone to come because we have been working really hard on this show and it’s a great way to support the choir,” junior Respira member Rukmini Waranashiwar said.

Audience members are free to come and go to the silent auction before, during or after the show.

Silent auction items there will consist of items from Kendra Scott, Frost Cupcakery, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Starbucks and more.

Tickets are available at the door and online for $10. Reserved seating is also available online. Tickets are discounted to $5 if you wear this year’s Respira Royalty shirt.

All funds from the show will support students and directors of the program.

“This is not your average choir concert. There’s something for everyone, so you can’t go wrong when bringing your whole family. It’s all about empowering girls to go after what they want, be strong and independent, and to follow their dreams,” president of Coppell Choir boosters Becky Barnes said.