Review: Glee‘s second episode may be too racy for some

By Paige Wilson

Glee, which premiered on Sept. 9, is one of the new series on Fox this season. The show has such a different plot than most high school-based shows. For one, it isn’t all meaningless gossip and has something for everyone to enjoy, whether it is the many musical renditions of a popular song, hysterical jokes, or substantial plot.

Jane Lynch of "Glee." (MCT)
Jane Lynch of "Glee." (MCT)

Glee’s talented actors and actresses (like Lea Michele, who plays the lovesick Rachel Berry) are in their twenties singing songs with such big voices. In the last episode, Michele sang “Take a Bow” by Rihanna, which blew me away. The comical part of the show pulls it all together. Actress Jane Lynch plays the crazy cheerleading coach, Sue Sylvester, and her facial expressions and comments can keep people laughing.

However, Glee is pretty racy. I wouldn’t want to watch this show with mom and dad (and especially not with grandparents). In the second episode, “Showmance”, it is clear that the show is not afraid to hold back on the sexual humor. I watched the episode with my mom, and at certain parts, it got pretty awkward with some of the topics that come up at the Celibacy Club meeting.

Overall, the show is good – it’s just not family-friendly. My opinion is to try an episode and make your own decision, but make sure to watch with friends or alone to save you from an awkward moment with mom and dad.

[polldaddy poll=1986004]

5