Click here for good karma

by Ashley Attanucci

People around the world face suffering each day. Sometimes it takes a natural disaster to put the harsh realities of the lives of some into perspective for us. While the earthquake that devastated Haiti on Jan. 12 dispersed Haitian families, the disaster united foreign peoples under a common effort for relief aid. Do your part to help relieve Haitian families in need, whether it be through prayer, a tax-deductible monetary donation or enjoying the delicious home-baked desserts the Red Cross club was selling after school this week.

While on-line:
Donate any amount of money to World Vision, a foundation with 30 years of experience in Haiti, to help provide food, medicine and family survival kits including everything from clean water, blankets and tents to cooking supplies.

Or, to make sure your donation goes toward a specific relief need:
PUR water packets-a $20 donation will provide 100 days of water for a Haitian family in need
Food, health care and agricultural support
emergency delivery of goods -your donation will help rush collapsible water containers, hygiene kits, cooking sets, blankets and tarpaulins for temporary shelter
-or, a monthly gift that will go towards helping affected children in Haiti by providing long-term relief, blankets, food and shelter for orphans and other children

Give a tax-deductable donation to Samaritan’s Purse Project.

While at the store:
Grab:

• 1 hand towel (15″ x 25″ up to 17″ x 27″),
  • 1 washcloth, 1 comb, 1 fingernail clippers,
  • 1 bath-size bar of soap (3 oz. and up),
  • 1 adult-sized toothbrush,
  • 1 tube of toothpaste and
  • 6 bandages
  • and a one gallon plastic bag to create a health kit for Haiti. All the above items, sealed in the plastic bag, can be returned to the nurse’s office at CHS for UMCOR (United Methodist Committee On Relief).

At school:
    Bring your health kit for Haiti, for one. Secondly, don’t miss out on CHS’s Heritage Day tonight, Feb. 5 at 7 p.m. Admission costs one dollar -a donation that will help fund Haiti’s situation. Festivies will include cultural dances, food, comedy and sale of JWAC club’s shirts for Haiti. These beautifully designed T-shirts will be for sale one for $15 or all three shirts for $35.

More ways to help Haiti.

For updates on the situation in Haiti.

Learn more about the country Haiti.

Further, check facebook for groups you can join that will automatically donate with each click.