Zenzero Kitchen and Bakery takes the cake for best bakery in Coppell

January 20, 2016

It all began with a girl,” and this girl is Coppell resident Ginger Blazek, creator and owner of Zenzero Kitchen and Bakery. Back in 2012, Blazek opened Zenzero for she wanted to take her lifelong passion from her kitchen at home to the community.

If you are wondering what “zenzero” means, you don’t have to take too many guesses – “zenzero” is the Italian word for ginger (Blazek’s first name).

Zenzero’s baked goods range from its Southern classic, Gooey Buttercake, to more unique items such as Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars and Strawberry Jalapeño Hand Pies. It also offers a variety of homemade cookies and cakes, which can be customized for special occasions.

Aside from being a bakery, it also offers food for every meal of the day. For breakfast or brunch, treat yourself with its Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit (a gourmet take on the Whataburger favorite) or a warm, gooey, icing slathered cinnamon roll.

For lunch, an Adult Grilled Cheese, which contains a combination of havarti and bleu cheese, with peppered bacon and apple slices. And for dinner a Caprese Burger – the classic Italian salad meets hearty Southern burger. Check out its menu, because these are not the only delicious items they offer.

For Coppell High School students who have renissance lunch, Zenzero is a great option for lunch because it is in walking distance from the campus. Located at #600, 171 N Denton Tap Rd, Coppell, TX 75019, Zenzero is right next to Jimmy Johns and Palio’s Pizza Cafe.

Zenzero is not just the best bakery in Coppell because it uses the freshest ingredients and traditional “small-batch” method to make their baked goods, but because it makes everyone who comes in feel at home.

As stated on its website, the mission of Zenzero is to “maintain a passion in preparing food and coffee to exacting quality standards that are reflected in the preparation, presentation & taste of our products.” Not only this, but they believe in creating an atmosphere of warmth and homeliness because Zenzero is their home.

So stop by Zenzero. Pick up a pastry (or two) for yourself and/or your family, maybe grab some lunch. Stay for a while, sip on a cup of coffee and relax – you will feel at home, or better yet, on vacation as you are treated with delicious food and warm, smiling faces.