Put your chips on Chipotle: Coppell’s best casual restaurant

By Avery Davis
@avery2018

Of all the businesses that have cycled through the building on the corner of Sandy Lake and Denton Tap, Chipotle is here to stay.

An inexpensive, speedy and high-quality casual restaurant that has become increasingly popular since it arrived in Coppell, Chipotle gives customers the choice between a burrito, bowl and tacos. From there, customers can customize their order, selecting between various types of beans, rice and meats, along with other add-ons.

The range of options provides for those with dietary restrictions, since each menu item can be excluded. People with an allergy to wheat or gluten can get a bowl instead of the flour tortilla   that comes with the burrito, and those with lactose allergies don’t have to add shredded cheese.

Chipotle, a restaurant specializing in tacos and burritos, is frequented by many Coppell residents. It was voted on social media as the best casual restaurant in Coppell. Photo by Ayoung Jo.
Chipotle, a restaurant specializing in tacos and burritos, is frequented by many Coppell residents and is located at 104 S Denton Tap Rd. It was voted on social media as the best casual restaurant in Coppell. Photo by Ayoung Jo.

Staying true to the Tex-Mex theme, Chipotle offers chips with the option of adding guacamole or salsa. Their chips are unique in taste because of the hint of lime that comes with each bite. And now Chipotle caters, bringing burrito boxes and catering spreads to parties, events and meetings.

Chipotle has shown that it values the health of customers and strays from the typical patterns of fast food restaurants. According to its website, it spends more on its ingredients than many other food chains.

The food offered at the popular Mexican Grill is free from GMOs and bought from local farms instead of factories. When Chipotle found out that one of its pork suppliers was not keeping with their regulations, they stopped serving carnitas in many of their restaurants (including the one in Coppell).

Setting trends and raising the bar for other restaurants throughout the United States, Chipotle provides a much needed way to enjoy food on the go.

https://youtu.be/5skRM-9S4Ng