What-a restaurant: Texas icon named best in Coppell

By Valeria Gil de Leyva
@valeriasgil

“There are no specific favorites, everything sells. Everyone loves Whataburger,” Coppell Whataburger employee Laura B. said.

When you say “Texas,” a lot of people will think “Whataburger.” Whataburger first opened in 1955 in Corpus Christi. Years later, it would be accurate to say Whataburger is a beloved “Texan restaurant.”

There is never a time when you walk through the doors of the famous fast food restaurant in Coppell and are not greeted by the smiles of happy customers. During football season, you will find many junior and senior students from Coppell High School in Whataburger after a game celebrating with a burger, whether the Cowboys won or not.

Whataburger is famous for its Patty Melt. The delicious creation consists of two beef patties, grilled onions, two slices of Monterey Jack cheese and its famous Creamy Pepper Sauce on Texas toast.

Another fan favorite is the mouth watering Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit. This item is “exclusive”, as it is only served from 11 p.m. to 11 a.m. This culinary creations is made up of one chicken strip on a buttermilk biscuit, covered with their special honey butter sauce, which some folks refer to as “liquid gold.”

The Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit is a Whataburger fan favorite. Whataburger won best fast food restaurant in Coppell. Photo by Dani Ianni.
The Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit is a Whataburger fan favorite. Whataburger won best fast food restaurant in Coppell.
Photo by Dani Ianni.

The best thing about Whataburger, other than their tasty food, is that they are open 24/7. Yep, you heard that right, 24 hours! Whataburger is there to satisfy our cravings at any time of the day, literally, thus why it is the best fast food restaurant in Coppell.