Construction to affect parking, parent loops this Monday

Video by Topher Grace and Jack Shirley.

Shannon Morgan
staff writer
@shannonlacyyNov CHS Parking Map

Prior to the rain delays this past week, parking and traffic was set to change on Nov. 10. This date has now been changed to Nov. 17, which is this upcoming Monday.

The construction will be entering phase II, and will affect the North student parking lot and regular traffic the most.

For student parking, the senior and staff spots will be moved back farther in the lot to allow room for a construction staging area for the new arena. This will push general parking for juniors and sophomores back behind Buddy Echols Field and around the tennis courts.

The new senior spots will be parked the same as before; with a red stripe. Staff parking will be labeled with ‘staff’.

The change will begin on Saturday and Sunday Nov. 15 and 16, before Monday, so that the change will already be in place before the parking lot is filled with student’s and staff member’s cars.

Traffic will also be rerouted through this parking lot, along with walkways into the school building. Parent drop-off is not allowed in this parking lot, and the regular parent loop will remain the same.