Cowboys fall to Scots, 8-5

Head coach Alexander Poole discusses game strategy during a time out in the second quarter. The Cowboys fell to the Highland Park Scots, 8-5.

By Elizabeth Sims
Enterprise Editor

The Coppell Cowboys varsity lacrosse team fell to the Highland Park Scots 8-5 after a hard fought battle on Friday night at Lesley Field. The Cowboys came out strong in the first half of the game, leading 4-3 at half-time.

Senior Nick Hruby scored the first goal of the game. Highland Park responded and scored, tying up the score. This was followed by another scored by sophomore Ben Dodson who was assisted by junior Austin Michaelis. Highland Park once again scored to tie the score at 2-2. Hruby and Dodson scored two more to end the first half.

Early in the second half, Highland Park tied the score 4-4, but senior Davis Haddock

managed to inch Coppell ahead. The Cowboys were unable to score for the rest of the half, and Highland Park scored four more goals to take the win

“They are a very talented team and they have a lot of experience with some really good juniors and seniors that really stepped up for them in the second half,” head coach Alexander Poole said. “We’ve got a lot of guys nicked up right now with ankle injuries and back injuries, little things here and there. We will definitely look at the film and learn from this night.”

The Cowboys will take on the Episcopal School of Dallas on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at Coppell Middle School West.

1