“Wreaths and trees, ribbons and bows” Coppell holiday parade around the corner

by Ashley Attanucci

The much anticipated Spirit of Coppell Holiday Parade of Lights on Saturday, December 5 will begin at 6:30 p.m. at Samuel and follow down Parkway to Town Center Plaza where Coppellians will meet the lighting of Town Center.

This year’s parade theme is “wreaths and trees, ribbons and bows” so expect to see festively decorated floats and parade walkers who will be passing out glowing items and candy. The night is guaranteed to be brilliant and bright with each float required to have at least 200 lights. Before the parade, floats will be judged and first and second place winners will be selected. Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause will be atop last year’s first place winner’s float.

The celebration and lighting at Town Center is an annual tradition full of holiday cheer and jolly good fun and this year will include a snow area, performances, carolers, refreshments and a special appearance from Santa Clause. Festivities are to begin immediately after the parade.

All intersections along the route of the parade will be temporarily closed for safety and reopened as the parade passes. Parking is available at the Aquatic and Recreation Center as well as the north side of the Justice Center (click for directions).