Soccer completes district sweep, wins 4-0 over Justin Northwest

By John Loop

Junior Mitchell Parnell passes the ball to Laurent Makesoud during the final minutes of the game. Photo by Trevor Stiff.

Sweeping the district and holding tight to an undefeated record, the Cowboys proved they were the better team last night versus Justin Northwest, winning handily 4-0.

This was the first game for head Coach Chad Rakestraw against his former team, after Coppell pounded the Texans, 10-0.

“It feels a lot better to be on the other side of it,” Rakestraw said. “It’s definitely different being on the other sideline.”

The Cowboys got scores from seniors Tanner Lines and Laurent Maskoud, and juniors Stephen Wheatcroft and Zanil Narsing.

The Cowboys, with the win, maintain an unbeaten record in district play against the likes of Southlake, Justin, Denton Guyer, Saginaw, and Keller.

The Cowboys move past the Texans and looking toward this Friday’s game against the Keller Central Chargers.

“We need to dictate play more,” Rakestraw said. “They are a very competitive team, and we need to be able to match their tempo, and get them out of rhythm.”