“A Hometown Holiday” event happening this Saturday

By Annie Wen

As December rolls in the city of Coppell is welcoming the holiday feel. Decorations are being put up, present shopping time has begun, Starbucks is offering holiday drinks and Christmas music is being played everywhere. This Saturday December 3 Coppell will be having its annual Holiday Parade and Plaza Lighting to really ring in the holiday season.

The Holiday Parade is a parade where citizens can send in an application for their own float and decorate it as they wish. All of the floats will be lit up with lights and the parade also features the CHS Marching Band, Lariettes, Silver Stars, and this year will also feature the 2011 5A volleyball state champions, the Coppell Cowgirls. The parade begins at Parkway and Samuel and travels westward to Town Center Blvd., just west of City Hall and will end at Town Center Plaza.

The parade ends at Town Center Plaza but there’s more fun to be had. There will be the annual tree and plaza lighting, musical performances, refreshments and a special appearance by Santa Claus at the Plaza.

For more information on these events click here.