Five Bands you should be listening to

By Wren Culp

People listen to mainstream bands all the time. Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, and 3OH!3 have flooded the radio. But here are some bands that are not very well recognized that you should be paying attention to.

• Air Review

The local band has exploded into the music world. They are playing shows left and right, signing autographs, living the “rock star” life. And they have only had one album entitled “Landmarks”. With all members attending Irving Bible Church, the band has a home feel. If you are ever looking for a great overall sound to an album, then Air Review is the way to go. Air Review’s myspace can be found here.

• Mutemath

The Contemporary Christian band is maybe one of the best live acts you will ever see. The energy the band brings to the crowd is unbelievable. The band has two full length albums. Their first album is a self title album. The second which was released two months ago is entitled “Armistice”. If you are ever in a “let’s listen to creative bands” type of mood then MuteMath is right for you. You can find their myspace page here.

• Gomez.

Gomez is a powerhouse bands that really knows how to utilize what they have to produce a beautiful sound. They have produced six enchanted albums that electrify alternative music. Their music has a “folk” feel to it. If you are ever in the mood for different themes to each song, then Gomez is the right band for you. You can find their website here.

• Future of Forestry

With two albums out on the market, Future of Forestry (commonly referred to as FOF) is making a name for themselves. The band has melodic tones that make listening to their music easy and enjoyable. If you are ever in a chill mood then Future of Forestry has some great stuff for you. You can find their website here .

• Vitamin String Quartet

This one is probably the most risqué on this list. The Vitamin String Quartet is a group of people that perform hit songs from today’s radio stations, and even full length tributes to bands. The group has done tributes to Coldplay, U2, Switchfoot, Relient K, and even Bruce Springsteen. So if you are ever feeling classical, then the Vitamin String Quartet is for you. You can find their wesbite here.

So, now that you have heard about them, go out and enjoy them!